Career Opportunities at Pegasus
Full-time or part-time, Brewster NY, start date September 2018
Reports to Executive Director. Will train onsite to support a small/medium mission-driven nonprofit organization. We are looking for a positive, can-do person with a broad range of administrative skills and a great attitude.
You are a people person and animal lover who likes to help others with your administrative skills and organizational expertise. Support a dynamic, growing Equine Assisted Activities and Therapies organization that makes a difference in the lives of others.
Easy commute and great working environment. Beautiful Putnam County office location on horse farm right off both 84 and 684. Will consider part time or full time for right person.
Salary commensurate with experience .
Provides back-up support for the Program team and the accountant, and is responsible for the management of the Pegasus office, including but not limited to: computers and office equipment, human resources records, and in-house computer skills training. Responsible for purchasing office supplies, merchandise for events, and program supplies, including shirts for Pegasus staff, horse show participants and volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generate financial and statistical reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
• Liaison to building management.
• Responsible for human resources records and providing updated information regarding insurance, COBRA, taxes and employee practices and policies.
• Act as human resources liaison for all HR-related organizational issues.
• Manage in-house biweekly payroll, including review of timesheets and distribution of checks.
• Maintain central office filing system.
• Manage the office operations, including telephone coverage, timely correspondence and banking relationships, and ensure that all files relating to the organization’s business are kept current and accessible.
• Maintain Local Area Network and information technology systems with help of computer support agency.
• Monitor Pegasus’s insurance policies to ensure all are current and effective, and process claims in compliance with PATH standards.
• Assist ED in creating and enforcing Pegasus’s business policies.
• Procure office supplies and merchandise as needed, and maintain inventory within the annual Pegasus budget.
• Maintain internal facilities, including all contracts for maintenance.
• Handle weekly accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Reconcile QuickBooks and database on a monthly basis.
• Manage the overall student billing process, including recording payments, copying checks and making deposits. Update add/drop changes to financial records of student file. Follow-up on outstanding receivables. Manage financial aid process and maintain records.