Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
- The minimum age for Pegasus program and barn volunteers is 13 years old (Please note: 13-year-olds must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach or riding trainer. The recommendation should include teacher/coach/trainer contact information; how they know the prospective volunteer, and for how long; qualities that would make the prospective volunteer a good Pegasus program or barn volunteer; and outstanding contributions the prospective volunteer has made at school, to their team, and/or at their barn.) Please note that if you are a prospective teen volunteer, we want to hear directly from you about your interest in volunteering with us, either by phone or via the link at the bottom of the page.CLICK HERE for a PDF outlining additional information about teen volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must-have paperwork signed by a parent or guardian prior to attending a volunteer training and participating in a program.
- Program volunteers must be available a minimum of one to two hours each week, on the same day and at the same time. New volunteers receive their assignment and schedule following their attendance in a volunteer orientation and training session. Volunteer assignments and schedules are based on interest, experience, and availability. The first semester of volunteering is considered a trial period.
- All volunteer opportunities, program-related or otherwise, require attendance at our introductory volunteer orientation.
- Volunteering in program, as a barn/equine volunteer, or as a farm/facilities volunteer, involves moderate physical activity. Please be sure you are comfortable with the physical aspects of the role you select.
- Due to the nature of the services we provide, Pegasus reserves the right to make the final determination as to the appropriateness of any and all volunteers for our organization.
CLICK HERE to view upcoming volunteer orientations.
VIEW/DOWNLOAD a PDF of the Pegasus Volunteer Manual.
Inquire about volunteering with Pegasus Therapeutic Riding...